Sunday, August 22, 2010

Anybody know what kind of bird this is? Its a famous one here in Australia and there is a song about it. This one is a little different because of its blue wings. I will wait for any guesses posted before I tell you what it is called. But it was very naughty. A man had a plateful of food that he was taking to a table outside of the visitor center of Katherine Gorge where we went last Sat. and he was minding his own business when this bird had the very bad manners to swoop down and land on the man's plate and scatter the food and steal as much as he could carry off. Cheeky bird! I got a photo of him eating his stolen fries. I think it scared the bejeebees out of the man and now I wish I had taken a photo of his face. The look was priceless

1 comment:

  1. Kookabura! that's my guess.
    and for the bonus point, I think I remember the song ;-)

    ReplyDelete